What does an exceptional experience mean to you? In my 28
years working in the roofing industry, I’ve discovered that it isn’t actually
difficult to provide an exceptional experience to customers – because most roofing contractors don’t. When
homeowners hire contractors to work on their home, they are more often than not
having an average, or even below-average, experience.
One of the best ways to give your customers the above-average, or “exceptional,” experience is to build your business around how YOU would prefer to be served in your own home – and that is exactly what I have done with my business. I’ve examined what matters most to me and to our customers and, knowing that, it’s not difficult to simply meet expectations and even exceed them.
Beyond the Basics
The first step to providing an exceptional experience to our customers is to do the most basic, decent things as a business owner: return customer calls in a timely manner, show up to appointments on time and deliver what was promised. By most customers’ standards, if they have dealt with contractors in the past, this is a great experience.
Next, you must go beyond the basics. Here is how we provide an exceptional experience to our customers at Roofing & More:
Arrive at the exact promised time – no
earlier and no later. Give your customer a one-hour window of arrival, and
communicate with them if something does go wrong and you are behind schedule.
• Listen to the customer, ask questions to understand and provide solutions to solve the problem.
• Make sure everything is in writing and clear to the customer – if they don’t understand, translate any jargon and draw them a picture of what is going to happen. You and the customer must have the same vision of the project so that you can meet their expectations exactly.
• Have a pre-construction meeting with a checklist so the team can make sure nothing was overlooked.
• Communicate when materials are delivered so the project can begin.
• Complete a final walk-through to make sure everything is to their complete satisfaction, and ask them to sign off on the results.
These are all steps to help create an exceptional experience, and we strive to do so for each and every customer.
Let Us Exceed Your Expectations
Find out more about how Roofing & More stands out from other roofing contractors. Give us a call today to schedule a free in-home or virtual consultation and estimate. Call (571) 410-0274 or complete our online contact request!
Tagsroofing experts roofing contractor
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog