Replacing a roof is a big undertaking that is usually preceded by plenty of thought and planning on the homeowner’s part. There are plenty of reasons to have new
- Purchase of a new home with an old or aesthetically outdated roof.
- Noticeable signs of aging like cracked, warped and curling shingles.
- Damage after a major storm or other weather event.
- High heating and cooling bills and temperature that is uneven between floors of a home.
- Leaks in the attic during and after heavy rainfall.
- Need to increase resale value of a home before it goes on the market.
Crunching the Numbers
Depending on the motivation for replacing a roof, homeowners may have different needs and expectations for the timeframe within which they’d like to have the job completed. That’s why customers often ask how long the average roof replacement takes. We give them a ballpark figure of anywhere from one day to two weeks. The exact answer depends on a few factors, including:
- Square footage of the roof. As common sense dictates, replacing a 2,500 square foot roof will likely take longer than it would for a 1,500 square foot roof. It may mean a difference of a day or two.
- Weather. Since the condition of your home, the integrity of our workmanship and the safety of our workers are Roofing & More’s main priorities, we reserve the right to postpone or pause the work on a roof replacement in the event of bad weather (rain, snow, hail, etc.). A factor that’s out of our control, weather can make a project take longer than planned.
- Complexity of the project. Sometimes a simple roof replacement turns into a not-so-simple larger-scale home repair. When contractors run into structural problems that weren’t evident during the initial assessment, we alert the homeowner to the extra time and cost required to address the unforeseen issue.
At Roofing & More, our goal is to communicate clearly with the homeowner throughout the process so that in the event that the job takes longer than expected, the homeowner knows why. We complete any
, in a timely manner with thorough excellence. Call today to schedule a free roof assessment.
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog