After this severe winter, Roofing & More highly recommends that you take the time to perform a basic inspection of your Herndon roofing. The great thing about preventative spring roof maintenance is that it can catch problems while they’re minor and inexpensive to repair. If you wait too long, or aren’t aware problems exist, you will have to pay much more in repair costs down the road. Here’s what to keep an eye out for.What to Look for Outside The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends you look for the following signs of deterioration on your roof:
- Curling, buckling or blistering shingles that no longer provide the protection your home needs.
- Excessive wear or loose flashing around chimneys, skylights, vent pipes and other penetrations.
- Large amounts of shingle granules in the gutters that leave shingles vulnerable to water leaks.
- Leaking or clogged gutters.
- Water spots and discoloration on walls or ceilings.
- Water stains on attic rafters or roof decking.
- Visible light in the attic that could indicate the location of a leak.
You should also make note of the following:
- The age of your roof. If the last replacement was 20 years ago or longer, call for a professional assessment of its condition.
- Blistered paint or siding damage that could indicate improper attic ventilation.
- Dark or dirty-looking areas on the roof where algae is growing.
Tagsherndon roofing roof herndon roof repair northern virginia roofing herndon
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog