Every roof eventually comes to the end of its life, and water infiltrating your home is a big red flag that your roof needs to be replaced. It can be a tough decision to make, though. How do you know when it’s time for total roof replacement, or if you can get by with just a roof repair in Northern Virginia? Roofing & More has answers.
When It’s Time for Replacement
- The roof leaks in multiple locations.
- If your roof is older than 20 years, replacement is likely necessary.
- If shingles are warped, buckling or numerous shingles are missing, replacement makes more sense than repair.
When a Repair Will Do
- A small leak in one or two areas may be remedied with professional Herndon roofing assistance.
- If a few shingles are misplaced due to winds, this makes your roof a good candidate for professional repair.
- If stains are visible on interior walls, ceilings and attic rafters, this is a sign that your roof’s structure may need repair.
Neglecting to replace a roof that is no longer in working order can cost you in the long run. An investment in a solid, well-functioning roof protects your belongings and your family, as well as the overall stability of your home. If you need help making roofing decisions, call Roofing & More at (877) 398-4555. When it comes to taking good care of your biggest investment – your home – we’ve got you covered!
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog