With the resent and tragic tornado disasters in the Virginia area [company_name]. wanted to give you some tips to help you keep your home as safe as possible during the tornado season. So here are five things you can do to help prevent damage to your home in the next couple of months.
1. Check your roof for holes, leaks, loose shingles and any other damage. You don’t want tornado winds to be able to pick up anything loose or find any weak patches in your roof. Also, hail tends to follow tornados, so make sure it can’t get through any part of your roof.
2. Storm shutters – You can have storm shutters installed on your windows to prevent them from breaking. Tornados do the most damage when wind gets through a broken window, door or damaged roof.
3. If, in the incident that you do have a tornado warning near you, make sure all of your windows are closed so the wind can’t get through and your yard is free of any loose objects. You don’t want something from your yard being picked up by the wind and damaging your home.
4. Keep garbage bags or plastic sheets available to cover up your electronics, furniture, etc. so they don’t get ruined if they get wet.
5. Check your roof-top wind turbines – They can be blown off during high winds, which will leave a gaping hole for rain to come in. Consider replacing the turbine with wind vents that are less vulnerable to violent gusts.
At [company_name]. safety is a top priority and we want to help our customers know how to keep their homes safe from the Northern Virginian climate that can sometimes be disastrous. So please, keep your family and homes as safe as possible, and if you find you do need repairs on your home contact us today and we will do everything we can to get your home up to par.
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog