The relationship you develop with the members of your contractor’s team will heavily influence your overall satisfaction with the project. Now let’s review what you should expect from a great company and its employees.
- A great contractor provides an in-person consultation with a detailed explanation of the scope of services.
- A great contractor provides a detailed custom proposal that highlights all steps of the project.
- A great contractor assigns an on-site supervisor/project manager to every homeowner, ensuring a clear channel for communication and fast handling of all issues.
- A great contractor conducts a pre-construction meeting to cover the scope of the project, and discuss scheduling and any special needs and concerns.
- A great contractor conducts safety planning for the homeowner and employees within the scope of services.
- Some contractors use third-party subcontractors. A contractor who employs his own trained employees can control when and how a job is completed, the materials used and the quality of workmanship.
- Your contractor should perform a zero-defect walk-through upon completion of a project.
- The company should be one that you would enjoy working with.
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog