The Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit continues a government effort to make energy-saving retrofits more affordable for American homeowners. The credit can be applied toward qualified energy-efficiency improvements for a residence. Here are additional details.
- You may claim 10% of the cost of qualified ENERGY STAR®-rated windows, doors and skylights. The cost of labor and installation is excluded.
- The total energy tax credit claimed on your federal income tax return may not exceed $500.
- Windows are limited to $200 of the credit.
- Credits may only be claimed for improvements to an existing home; new construction is not eligible.
- If you claimed energy credits in any previous tax year, the total credit for all years cannot exceed $500.
Studies conducted by the U.S. Department of Energy have demonstrated that more than 30% of a home’s energy can be lost through inefficient windows and doors. Roofing & More offers Northern Virginia replacement windows and replacement doors that meet and exceed ENERGY STAR® efficiency performance criteria, helping you to reduce energy loss and save money on heating and cooling costs, year after year. Call us today at [company_number] or complete our online quote request form to schedule a FREE in-home consultation and estimate.
Subscribe to Roofing & More Inc.'s Blog