Should You Repair or Replace Your Roof in the Northern VA area? What is Your Best Option?
Every day at Roofing & More we get calls from homeowners with a roof that is leaking, or whose roofing system is showing signs of age. Their questions often reflect their concern over whether or not roof replacement is needed, or if sufficient roof repairs can be made to keep the roof system functioning properly in McLean, Fairfax and surrounding areas.
The good news is that, quite often, we are able to make repairs and renovations that eliminate immediate problems like leaks or roof deck penetrations. These temporary fixes may even extend the useful life of a roof for several years.
However, no roof lasts forever. The time eventually comes when your home’s roofing system must be replaced. When conducting roof inspections on a customer’s home, the Virginia roofing professionals from Roofing & More look for several “red flags” that may indicate a potential problem or pending roof failure. These include:
- Shingles that are missing, loose, cracked or curled at the edges, indicating excessive age and wear
- Finding granules from shingles collecting in gutter troughs, which shows erosion of the shingle surface
- Flashing (the metal edging around chimneys, vents and seams) that is loose, bent or whose seal has broken
- Stains or streaking on the exterior walls of the home, indicating leaking or poorly fitted gutters
- Dampness or staining on the underside of the roof deck, often visible from the attic
- Excessive growth of mold, mildew or moss on the roof.
Any roof that is more than 15 years old should be inspected annually to look for these and other signs of wear and aging. It is much better to catch a problem and correct it while it is small, rather than waiting until it blooms into a big, expensive headache!
Don’t put off your roof inspection. Call Roofing & More to schedule a professional evaluation of your roof’s condition today.
Get a FREE Northern Virginia Roofing Estimate
Call us at (703) 467-0206 or complete our convenient on-line “Get a Price” form to schedule a FREE roof assessment and estimate for your roofing project. We can repair OR replace an existing roof and feel confident that we can help guide you in the right buying direction based on your unique needs.