With the resent and tragic tornado disasters in the Virginia area Roofing and More, Inc. wanted to give you some tips to help you keep your home as safe as possible during the tornado season. So here are five things you can do to help prevent damage to your home in the next couple of months.
1. Check your roof for holes, leaks, loose shingles and any other damage. You don’t want tornado winds to be able to pick up anything loose or find any weak patches in your roof. Also, hail tends to follow tornados, so make sure it can’t get through any part of your roof.
2. Storm shutters – You can have storm shutters installed on your windows to prevent them from breaking. Tornados do the most damage when wind gets through a broken window, door or damaged roof.
3. If, in the incident that you do have a tornado warning near you, make sure all of your windows are closed so the wind can’t get through and your yard is free of any loose objects. You don’t want something from your yard being picked up by the wind and damaging your home.
4. Keep garbage bags or plastic sheets available to cover up your electronics, furniture, etc. so they don’t get ruined if they get wet.
5. Check your roof-top wind turbines – They can be blown off during high winds, which will leave a gaping hole for rain to come in. Consider replacing the turbine with wind vents that are less vulnerable to violent gusts.
At Roofing and More, Inc. safety is a top priority and we want to help our customers know how to keep their homes safe from the Northern Virginian climate that can sometimes be disastrous. So please, keep your family and homes as safe as possible, and if you find you do need repairs on your home contact us today and we will do everything we can to get your home up to par.
Vinyl windows are a hot item in the housing industry right now. Many people who need to replace their old windows are replacing them with new vinyl windows, and for good reason. Roofing & More gives you five reasons why vinyl windows are the way to go for any type of home in the Northern Virginian area.
1. No maintenance required – unlike wood or aluminum windows, vinyl windows do not need any upkeep. They don’t peel or tear so they never need painting and they are extremely durable which means they will last many, many years.
2. Style – Vinyl windows come in a variety of styles and colors, so you can customize your new windows to fit your personal taste. They will make a beautiful addition to your home and increase the value of your home.
3. Energy efficient – Vinyl windows are not only durable but very energy efficient. You will see instant savings on your utility bills. They will keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
4. Cost efficient – not only will you save money monthly on your utility bills but vinyl windows are one of the more affordable replacement window choices. Price variations are dependent upon such factors as the glass package and sash options, as well as the style of window selected.
5. Customizable – Vinyl windows can be easily customized and are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes. So no matter the size and/or shape of your home windows you can get the vinyl windows you need to make your home all the more beautiful.
Whether you are looking for esthetic reasons, energy efficiency, costs, or ease of maintenance, vinyl replacement
We, at Roofing & More, Inc. are very excited about the new annual Exterior Home Protection Plan we are offering to customers in the Northern Virginian area! We know your home’s upkeep and care can be overwhelming and time consuming but it is also a necessary aspect of being a home owner. Roofing & More wants to help make your home maintenance easier on you by offering our Exterior Home Protection Plan.
Here is what you get!
The package includes the following annually:
1. 40 point exterior inspection
2. 15% discount on all contracted work for one year from date of agreement (up to $750 discount per project agreement).
3. Priority service for one year from date of agreement – this means if you have emergency work that needs to be done you go to the top of our client list the day you call.
Additional Services included – Choose up to 2 additional services:
• Sealing of all roof protrusions – chimneys, vents, flashings, etc.
• Gutter cleaning (up to 150 ft.) – Additional footage will be calculated and contracted separately.
• Skylight cleaning – An exterior cleaning of all existing skylights.
• Sealing of existing windows and doors (up to 15 units).
• Window cleaning – Exterior cleaning of windows (up to 15 units).
• Sealing of driveway – 30’ by two
For an annual fee of $535 we can help keep your home safe and weather proof all year long!
For more information about how you can participate in our Exterior Home Protection Plan visit our website and contact us today!
James Hardie siding is one of the fastest growing siding products in America, it was voted one of the top 10 American building products by Home magazine and is perfect for our Northern Virginian climate. It is made of fiber cement and was specifically designed for the eight different types of climate variables in the U.S. that affect long-term siding performance. James Hardie siding looks and feels like natural wood, comes in a variety of styles and protects your home from all the elements. It will increase the life, beauty and value of your home for years to come.
At Roofing and More, Inc. we are a certified James Hardie remodeler which means you’ll be getting the best siding product available for your Herndon, Arlington, Fairfax of Chantilly area home. We have 14 reasons why James Hardie siding is the perfect addition to your new or remodeled home:
- Character and feel of natural wood
- More durable than other lap siding alternatives
- Variety of architecturally designed styles and profiles
- Resists moisture damage – will not rot, crack, warp, buckle, swell or de-laminate
- Impact resistant – warranted against hail damage (ideal for houses near golf courses)
- Wind resistant – withstands winds up to 130 MPH
- Non-combustible, environmentally friendly
- Termite and carpenter ant resistant
- 30-year transferable product warranty for plank and panel (30-year for shingleside)
- Low maintenance – holds paint up to three times longer than wood
- Increases curb appeal, home value appreciation and possible homeowners insurance savings
- Proven product: has been around since 1903, the current formulation has been put on over 4.0 million homes in U.S. today
- Ranked #1 quality exterior lap siding product by Builder magazine for the past four years
- Voted one of top 10 American building products by Home magazine
Contact Roofing and More, Inc. today and get a free estimate on James Hardie siding for your home today! We treat every home as if it were our own and we want to make your vision for your home come true!
Sometimes it’s hard to know when to make repairs to your roof or to just give in and replace it. It’s important to not be too eager in replacing your roof because it’s not a cheap remodel, but it can also cost you a lot more money in the long run if you wait too long to replace it. Roofing and More, Inc. can help you know what to look for when it comes to your Northern Virginian roof repairs and replacements.
What to Look for Indoors
There are some signs to look for indoors that will tell you if there is significant damage on your roof that will help you determine if you need roof work done:
- Is there any discoloration from water leaks on your walls or ceiling?
- Check your attic for water stains on the rafters or underside of the roof decking.
- Is there any light visible in your darkened attic? Look near that area for water stains.
- Have you seen a gradual increase in your energy costs over the last 5-10 years?
What to Look for Outdoors
The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) suggests you do a roof ‘checkup’ every spring and fall. The NRCA gives you three things to look for when inspecting your roof:
- Shingles that are buckling, curling or blistering; this indicates the end of the shingles’ life expectancy.
- Loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes and other penetrations.
- Excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters; granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays.
You may also want to look for:
- Ponds of water or stained areas on flat roofs? Is roofing material pulling away from the penetrations or walls?
- Blistered paint near attic walls or siding decay may indicate poor attic ventilation.
- Dark or dirty looking areas. These may come from fungus or vegetation growing on your roof.
- At worst, dips in your roof may mean there is rotting in your decking or rafters.
If your roof is 20 years or older then there is a good chance your roof may need to be replaced.
If you find any of the warning signs mentioned above then it’s best to call a professional roofing company. Make sure to do your research before hiring a professional. You can find a guideline for choosing a residential roofing contractor on the NRCA website here. (add link below)
Or contact Roofing & More, Inc. for a free consultation and estimate on your Northern Virginian residential roof. We can help you know if a few repairs are all that’s needed or we will work to get you the best price possible on a replacement roof. Let us help you make your vision for your home come true!